The Education Bill
Recently there has been a lot of news surrounding guidance about the costs of school uniforms. The DfE have published draft guidance that schools will now have to show by law that they have considered under the new Education Bill.
We have been following the Education Bill closely as well as taking guidance from The Schoolwear Association. Any decision is likely to be implemented after September 2021 and there should be no issue for schools that have a sensible uniform policy in place.
The benefits of sole supplier agreements have thankfully been recognised by the House of Commons; providing a better guarantee of all-year-round supply and being able to keep the cost to parents lower.
There are many benefits to having a sole supplier agreement, which we would be more than happy to discuss in more detail:
- Competitive pricing – Since we manufacture and embroider the majority of garments ourselves, we can pass the savings on to parents thereby offering great value for money.
- Excellent quality – Manufacturing our own garments, allows us to use superior fabrics and production techniques and maintain consistent quality standards.
- 24/7 ordering supported by a prompt delivery service – With our online service, parents can order at any time and will receive a prompt delivery service.
- Free Returns – gives parents reassurance that they can return any item if it does not fit or they change their mind.
- Low delivery charges.
- Special sized uniforms – We cater for all shapes and sizes, and for those that fall outside the standard size range, we will manufacture uniform without fuss.
- Pupil premium funding – To support schools with disadvantaged pupils we can provide a unique code to be used when buying school uniform or sportswear using our online service.
- Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG) is taken very seriously and we are increasingly using recycled material in our manufacturing and are committed to reducing waste.